High heat and humidity can threaten to turn your Melbourne, Florida, home into a sauna. However, an AC that receives regular maintenance can keep your home comfortable all year regardless of how sticky it gets outside.
What Makes Air Conditioning Maintenance Such a Big Deal?
When you install a new air conditioner, it has an average life expectancy of 15 to 20 years. That number assumes that the unit will be serviced properly. Maximizing the lifespan of your cooling system is just one of the benefits of annual air conditioning maintenance. There are others:
- Maximizes the efficiency of the unit
- Helps to decrease utility bills
- Keeps warranties in effect
- Can prevent up to 95 percent of unexpected system breakdowns
- Can reduce operating expenses by up to 40 percent
- Reduces potential repairs
- Improves indoor air quality
- Gets rid of gritty buildup that impedes system performance and causes your AC to overwork
Which Services Are Performed During an AC Tune-up?
Having your unit serviced can be like injecting new life into your cooling system. Even older units that receive only spotty maintenance can benefit from our HVAC tune-ups. Here’s a lineup of the services we perform:
- Inspect the unit for potential problems that could cause a breakdown
- Clean the system inside and out
- Lubricate moving parts
- Tighten and test electrical connections
- Calibrate system controls
- Clean the condensate line and drain pan
- Inspect refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Adjust blower parts to maximize airflow
- Test motor current and voltage
- Test the system’s starting cycle
- Check belts, fan blades, motors and blowers
- Change the AC air filter
At Coastal Climate Experts, we can keep you cool in the dense Florida heat. Call us at (321) 274-9165 to learn more about our residential maintenance plans.